I have been wanting a new dresser for sooo long. Our old one is a piece of junk. We finally found one that I LOVE, and I'm so excited about it! While cleaning out our old dresser to make way for the new one, I was inspired to clean out all the bedroom closets in our house. I cannot believe how much JUNK we have! Old clothes and toys that we don't use, plus tons of other crap I can't believe we held on to for so long. This is just a sampling of what we took to D.I. on Saturday:
There was more stuff not pictured here, plus I still have to go through the downstairs closet, kitchen, and storage shed. But I have to say that getting rid of stuff is possibly the best feeling in the world! Scott better keep an eye on his golf clubs...
Our lovely new dresser:

It's huge, but we needed a lot of space since our closet is tiny, and I figure we wont be in this place forever. Now I just need to decide on some nightstands. The ones that go with the dresser are really cute, but I'm worried it will be too much wood for our small bedroom since our bed is also wood. I'm leaning towards mirrored nightstands, but Scott is adamantly against them, he thinks they would look ugly. What do you think?



6 comments:
I like the wooden ones that match; I don't think it looks like too much wood. Then again, I'm not a professional when it comes to decorating!
I love that dresser! Its so beautiful, and I vote for the wood nightstands too. I missed you at card club! In February we're having a shower for Emily instead of card club, but you'll get an invite soon with more details. (:
I vote for the wood ones too! I love that dresser, it looks so nice. And since when is Jackson like this huge kid? Is he in 1st grade already or what?
Go for the wooden night stands, that way your room will flow. I have to have everything in sets. Chuck likes the new sofa sets that are leather and fabric, not me. For me everything has to match, and be in order.
Wood for sure. Candace, tell Scott you threw out his Golf clubs and give them to me. I'll pay you $50 for them:)
Oh my Jackson is a dream.
You have been linked!!! (The reason you weren't linked is because you NEVER updated for a while. I'm thinking about unlinking Krista. She's boring. :o)
Post a Comment