And no, I will not be putting a recipe on my blog ever again. I can't cook. But these are a tradition(ok, so this is the first year I'm making these with my kids, but I always made them growing up. And we will make them from now on, so help me!) Make them. We like to put them at every place setting for Thanksgiving dinner because it just makes people happy to look at them.
P.S. See below for cute Halloween pictures. I know they're late, but I have an excuse.
Thanksgiving Cookie Turkeys
P.S. See below for cute Halloween pictures. I know they're late, but I have an excuse.
Thanksgiving Cookie Turkeys

Ingredients:
40 fudge-striped cookies
1/4 cup chocolate frosting
2 packages (5 ounces each) chocolate-covered cherries(if like me, you hate chocolate covered cherries, you can usually find some sort of substitue in the candy section. Just make sure it's roughly the same shape)
20 pieces candy corn
Directions:
Place 20 cookies on a flat surface, solid chocolate side down. With frosting attach a chocolate-covered cherry to the top of each base cookie. Position another cookie perpendicular to each base cookie; attach with frosting. With a dab of frosting, attach one piece of candy corn to the front of each cherry for the head. Let stand until set. Makes 20, but you will probably need more because who can have just one?

6 comments:
Those look yummy. I will most definitely make those one of these years that I have to cook.
What a fun thing to do! I'm sold on any tradition that's edible!
Those are really cute. I'll have to try those out next year.
Those are so cute! I will have to remember them for next year. The kids would love them.
Candice it's good to see you. We are in Liz and Scott's ward. Small world.
Candace it's time for another post!
Also, we should really hang out sometime this winter!
Post a Comment