Something has happened that I both anticipate and dread every year. The first snow. I get so excited waiting, wondering when it's going to happen, because it means the beginning of the holiday season, drinking hot chocolate, making cookies, and driving around looking at Chrismas lights. I dread it because it means colds, coughs, sloshing through freezing water, and having frozen feet for the next 5 months. 

On Saturday, we experienced the first real snow of the season. it started coming down around 4, and of course Bailee was so excited. She started yelling "It's a Christmas snow!" I didn't have the heart to tell her that Christmas is still 2 months away. She ran upstairs to get her little hat, and started putting her boots on. She of course was not dressed for the weather, but I let her go outside for a minute and run around in it until she started crying and saying "I'm too cold!" at which point I let her come back in the house. It snowed that night too, but luckily it has since melted, and we are promised warmer weather for the rest of the week. 


3 comments:
Wow...I can't believe you already have snow. It's cooled down here too but not that cold yet. I understand not being excited for the cold because of the sickness that comes too.
Too cute about the Christmas snow. Unfortnately it's 9 weeks early.
mmm...70 and clear sky here! I am NOT ready for snow, but it does look kinda fun. Bailey looks like she's enjoying it!
Yay, i love the first snow too!! Do you think you're going to make it to card club on tuesday? just say yes.
Post a Comment